The Label for Trusted Journalists used on this website and by Journalists eligible according to the following terms and conditions is a Swiss registered trademark (registration pending). It is referrred to on this website as the Label.
"trust-j.org" is a Swiss registered trademark (registration pending).
trust-j.org is operated by impressum (full name: “impressum – die Schweizer Journalistinnen – les journalistes suisses – giornalisti svizzeri”).www.trust-j.org, trust-j.ch, www.trust-j.ch, (and in cerain cases also www.impressum.ch or other websites or urls) are aliases of trust-j.org. In the following terms and conditions, all these sites and platforms are included when the term trust-j.org or the term platform is used.
Users who agree to publish their personnal profil site on the platform and who use the label or the trust-j.org -link agree to the following terms and conditions. These terms rule every usage of the label and any use of the trust-j.org - platform:
- Within these rules, “Trusted Journalist” refers to journalists who are eligible to use the “Trusted Journalist”-Label as used on this website.
- Trusted Journalists are professional journalists who own a Swiss Press Card and who are registered in the Swiss Professional Register of Journalists. (Swiss registered trademarks: “carte de presse suisse RP-CH” / “Schweizer Presseausweis CH-BR” / “tessera stampa svizzera RP-CH”). To obtain this Press Card, they have to be registered in the Swiss Professional Register of Journalists. This register is administrated independently, according to the same rules, by each of the three Swiss professional organizations for journalists: impressum, syndicom – Gewerkschaft Medien und Kommunikation and Schweizer Syndikat Medienschaffender*.
- Trusted Journalists who are not members of impressu have to submit proof of their entry in the Swiss Professional Register for the entire year until the 20th of January of each year. Registrations during the year are set up only after the proof has been verified and approved by impressu.
- Trusted journalists who are not members of impressu explicitly allow and instruct their respective organization responsible for their entry into the professional register (SSM or syndicom) to give impressu all information necessary to verify their statuts with regards to their entry to the professional register*. This includes not only but in particular:
- Type of media and media for which the journalist works or in which he publishes.
- Activity level as professional journalist.
- Copies of proofs submitted for obtaining the entry into the professional register or for maintaining this entry.
- Duration of the entry in the professional register and any interruptions of that entry.
- impressum charges a fee to “Trusted Journalists” for the use of the Label and trust-j.org. This fee is CHF 90.-. / year (subject to change by impressum). It is deduced from the annual membership fees for members to impressum. This fee must be paid in advance for every year until the 31st of December of the previous year. Registrations during the year are set up only after the payment has been registered on the account of impressum.
- The organizations who administer the professional register are responsible their Press Card Holders*. They must fulfill the requirements of the applicable rules, as found here: https://www.impressu.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/170330_Reglement_BR_und_Presseausweis_Logo_der_3_Verbaende.pdf. In particular, this includes:
- The Trusted Journalist is commited to work according to the professional ethicis as layed down in the “Declaration of Duties and Right of Journalists” as found here: https://presserat.ch/en/journalistenkodex/erklaerungen/
- The Trusted Journalist practeces journalism as his main regular professional occupation.
- The Trusted Journalist is affiliated to impressu, SSM or syndicom.
- For journalists who are not members of impressum*, impressum reserves the right to deny or withdraw the right to use the Label and to own an entry on trust-j.org. impressu can decide this anytime without justification. impressum will do so in particular if the Central Secretariat of impressum comes to the conclusion, that an applicant would not obtain the entry into the professional register of journalists of impressum, regardless of the fact if he obtained the entry and the press card by another organization.
- The label must always be used with the link to the personal page of the journalists on trust-j.org. Ideally, in an online-context, this can be achieved by hyperlinking in a way, that a click on the label leads directly to that page. In printed environments or where such hyperlinking is technically not possible, the link must be clearly visible next to the label.
- The label can be used on webpages of the journalist on which he describes his professional activity as a journalist.
- The label can be used in the context of a concrete journalistic work of the journalist. However, this work must mandatorily fullfil the requirements to be subject to a complaint with the Swiss Press Council (https://presserat.ch/en/der-presserat/geschaeftsreglement/).
- In case of an entirely or partly approved complaint by the Swiss Press Council regarding the work of the Trusted Journalist, the Trusted Journalist reports about this decision as required by the “Delcaration” (see Preface).
- In case of an entirely or partly approved complaint by the Swiss Press Council regarding the work of theTrusted Journalist, the Trusted Journalist posts a hyperlink to this decision on his profile page on trust-j.org. He does this within a maximum of 7 days after the online-publication of the decision by the Swiss Press Council. If for any reason, the decision is not published, the Trusted Journalist posts a comment about this decision on his profil page. This link (or comment) must remain in place during at least 5 years since the decision has been published by the Swiss Press Council. The Trusted Journalist may link voluntarily to complaints that have been rejected by the Swiss Press Council.
- The Trusted Journalists commit to publish only content that refers to their professional activity as journalists on their personnal page. They apply the professional ethics accordingly to their entries on their page on trust-j.org. In particular, they avoid offensive or illegal content or hyperlinking to such content.
- Trusted Journalists or other users of trust-j.org are soley and fully responsible for the content they post or publish (including the links they include) on their personal page. impressum nor any other organization or person controls the content of the personnal webpages. impressum commits to verify concrete and detailled complaints about abuses and to delete offensive or illegal content if legally required. For the content Trusted Journalists or other users post, they are themselfs and soley subject to all the applicable jurisdictions, in particular the Swiss law and jurisdiction, the one of the canton of Fribourg as well as the laws and jurisdiction of their domicile, place of residence, etc. The same applies the use of the Label or references to trust-j.org / trust-j.ch.
- Under reserve of complimentary provisions layed down in the present rules, the data protection is ruled by the data protection declaration found here: https://www.trust-j.org/content/datenschutz-trust-j/
- If a journalist or any other person uses the label or maintains a personal page on trust-j.org without complying with the above rules, impressum reserves the right to exclude the journalist or person from the right of maintaining an entry and website on trust-j.org and to prohibit the use of the Label.
- impressum forbids explicitly any use of the label for any other purpose than the ones referred to above.
- impressum reserves any legal action and damage claims for pain and sufferings or criminal complaint for any abuse of trust-j.org, trust-j.ch, any other websites ore platformes used by impressum, the Label, the terms "trust-j" or "trust-j.org" as well as anything associated. Applicable right is exclusivly Swiss law. Court of jurisdiction is Fribourg, Switzerland.
- All decisions about the application of the above rules are taken by the Central Secretariat of impressum under supervivion of the Steering Board (Comittee) of impressum. Any legal recourse against such decisions is excluded. The statutes of impressum remain reserved.
- impressum can not be liable for any action or failure to act of any of its members or any Trusted Journalist, Journalist or user figuring on trust-j.org. impressum can not be held liable or responsible for any content edited by Trusted Journalists, members or users or third-parties on trus-j.org/trust-j.ch/impressum.ch or any other plate-form or website. impressum can not be held liable or responsible for the abuse of the Label or the plate-forme trust-j. impressum can not be held liable or responsible for the case that a user is registered on trust-j.org without complying with the requirements stated above. impressum will react to detailled complaints about such cases by verifying the entries.
- The present rules are approved by the steering board (Committee). They are subject to change without notice. Their current version is published on trust-j.org
*At the time of launching, trust-j.org and the Label are only available to members of impressu. All references to the use of trust-j.org and the Label by journalists who are not members of impressu (but affiliated to other organizations) are under reserve of the time necessary for the technical and formal imprementation.